Saturday, May 12, 2007

Live for real!

Sometimes I think everyone is their own live TV show. They just don't realize it because there is no audience or laugh track. There seems to be plenty of advertisements though.

Everyday we live on a script some people say "Fate" has written for us. All we have to do is just go along with what happens. Most of the time things that do happen are not planned anyway. Not in my life. Even when I plan things about 80 or 90% of what I planned really happens and that is a high estimate. Usually the percentage is much much lower than that. Basically we are great at improvisations and winging it thru life. I guess what I am trying to say is we all know the script is constantly changing.

We have it all too. Drama, comedy, romance, or whatever script you can imagine. Sometimes we are our own documentaries too. That is what I call reflection.

Those advertisements I was talking about is when we need things like food, clothing, and shelter. That is when our mind goes thru a list of things we want, need, or just crave like chocolate.

I like to think the people we meet are like our guest stars or supporting cast and we also have our villians too, even though we don't want them.

The daily script usually plays out and we go to bed hoping that the curtain of death does not end or cancel our show.

If this isn't a sign I have been watching too much TV then I don't know what is?
Now if I can just figure out how to change the channel when something goes wrong, my life will be a hit.

4 comments:

Secret Mary said...

Ahh Chumly, I could not agree more.

"The daily script usually plays out and we go to bed hoping that the curtain of death does not end or cancel our show."

I was having a crappy day, by choice of course, and then I came upon your newest emmision. You changed my whole day. Thanks;)

Ventri said...

Interesting thought!
We have it all too. Drama, comedy, romance, or whatever script you can imagine. Sometimes we are our own documentaries too. That is what I call reflection.
for me, its the tele people that watch too much lifes in real so they cud bring 'em up into tele show with sum imaginative ideas that ll sell "the life". u r in media, wot d u think?

Emily said...

or how to make the kids mute when you want to push that mute button. . . .

Anonymous said...

Most blogs are what you called 'TV shows', or aren't they? Sometimes I even wonder why I blog.