Sunday, September 20, 2009

Crash Duce

Well I did it again. I crashed my bike. This time I did not get hurt but did some damage. The front fender, the left headlight, the left turn signal and the crash bar. It was tough getting home because I could only make right turns. Seriously wide right turns. The guy I hit had an old truck that looked like it was made out of plywood or cardboard. I think he was a legal alien; he had a post office box for an address. He had all kinds of lawn stuff in the back of his truck and was coming from a outdoor sales place or big yard sale. I tore out his rear light and put a dent in the cardboard or plywood. It could have been five or six layers of bondo, I am just not sure. It looked like it was painted with a paint brush. He and his passengers were fine even though he went from a bad back to a heart attack in about 10 seconds. The accident was right in front of a prison and the inmates were all out there in the yard. The guard was nervous and I guess he thought it was a ploy for a prison break. Like as soon as the accident happened it would create a diversion and all the inmates would hop over the fence or something. So the guard wanted us to settle up and get out of there. Well the alien guy was OK and we settled on fixing the tail light and some other damage money. He did not want to turn it into his insurance. It was either expired or going to expire anyway. So my friends helped me get back on the road and I got the bike back to a garage. The same garage it was just in getting fixed for an electrical short which took weeks to find but we finally did. How is your driving lately? Hope it is better than mine.

No comments: