Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cake

Having a craving for cake. Just a big ol' hunk of cake any kind. Chocolate, marble, angel, or whatever. I just want cake.

I have been meeting nice people lately. I met a great waitress at my local Chinese Buffet place. She was super nice and had a great smile the whole time I was there. As a matter of fact I have been eating out a lot lately and have met some great waitresses. Waitresses seem to be the unsung hero's in life. My sister was a waitress. When I went to visit her at her place of work she would not serve me until I told her what kind of tip she was getting. Sometimes I'd have to give her the tip first. I did not mind. I thought it was kind of funny. She was a terrific waitress. No complaints. I brought a lot of my friends in and she did the same thing to them. She was a hit with my buddies. She was no nonsense and they appreciated that. She went on to become a teacher and got a lot of respect from her students.

Have you met anyone special lately. Let me know. Sometimes meeting strangers turn into friendships. That seems to be rare today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cake is cool, waitresses are pretty cool too...

absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
let them eat cake...
.

Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

it is extra good karma to tip well.

Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

oh and cake is a very good thing.