Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cows

I had a hamburger the other day and I began to think about cows. One of my thoughts were, "I wonder how many places sell hamburgers in the United States? How many McDonalds, Burger Kings and just restaurants are there out there?" Then I went even further in my mind and expanded them to the world. Then I remembered the cattle mutilations that the aliens do and had to expand my question into the universe. Let us not forget the supermarkets that sell hamburger and other food for sale places. This led me to believe that a lot of people eat hamburger. Thus we must kill a lot of cows every day just for hamburger. Where do these unfortunate cows come from? How big is this cow Holocaust anyway? What really boggled my mind was that ad I saw on TV that said 100% cow hamburger beef! Is it really 100%? Then I thought about chickens and how many places served them and sold them in market places. Does the earth really have enough cows and chickens to feed us forever? How do those chickens get passed breakfast? All those scrambled, boiled and easy over eggs, when are they born?

Somehow the math does not add up. If we eat that many cows and chickens, how are they surviving to make more. If the lucky ones live to have sex to make more chickens and cows don't they die from too much sex?

So beware! Are we really eating those cows and chickens or maybe just maybe that Solient Green movie isn't so far off. Maybe we are eating ground up people hamburger. Nah! Chicken wise no way. After all not many humans I know have those little wings and drumsticks growing out of their elbows or where ever they would grow on a human. The hamburger? That I wonder about though.

4 comments:

Kara said...

lad to hear I'm not the only one who wonders about this :D I walk down the meat isle at WalMart and wonder where so much meat is coming from. You'd think every square inch of earth would have to be packed with cows to have that much hamburger.

Anip said...

"If the lucky ones live to have sex to make more chickens and cows don't they die from too much sex? "
what is this supposed to mean? LOL! For me, as a slave of my Only God, I am taught that I'm living to served for Him. Hence, He orders me to eat anything I want on this Earth, as long as it doesn't violate His Law, to generate energy to worship Him. The perplexity of dwindling amount of the cows can be overthrown by undoubting that He's the Greatest Giver.

Anonymous said...

read the book "Slaughterhouse: The Shocking Story of Greed, Neglect, And Inhumane Treatment Inside the U.s. Meat Industry"

<3 SD said...

Wow... I love your posts! Your soo creative and insightfull, I've never thought about where the stuff we eat comes from before...