Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TV Outage

For some reason my cable is down and I cannot get any TV Channels. At first I was annoyed then I thought it would be a good time to do a little writing, reading and check my email. I remember one time in my life when I did not have TV at all. I use to make television picture tubes and was sick of looking at the darn things. So for about a year I rebelled and had no TV. I had to admit it was a good year. I lost weight because I began to get out and exercise more. I took some classes and expanded my mind a bit and furthered my education. I went out with my friends more and I had more time to spend with my cat. I still had my computer but I did not increase my time on it as much as I thought I would. I think it is good to be without the TV once in awhile. As I have grown older I find myself more interested in the news and recording shows that I choose to watch on my own time. How about you as you grow older do you watch TV more or less?

No comments: