Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life in a vacuum.

Here is what happened. My water heater broke and flooded my apartment. It soaked the rug and the rug stunk to high heaven. I got the maintenance dept. to Shop-vac the water up but the smell was still there and the rug was still a little damp. I had to put fans on the floor and ran them for two days straight. That dried the rugs. Then I got carpet cleaner and used that. Just for extra smell protection I bought some smell fresh stuff and put that around to help the smell. Every thing worked pretty well. The carpet is now clean and the smell is gone. The problem is I am not too good with a vacuum cleaner it turns out. I got my throw rug caught in it. Two electrical plugs and a radio antennae which pulled down the radio and smashed it. I also learned there is a rug setting and a floor setting to the vacuum. I kind of made a mess out of the kitchen floor. If you empty out the vacuum cleaner, when it is full, you have to be careful or you will have to clean it up again, twice. The last time I did this I had cats; they are still in therapy. Thats it. How are you at cleaning?

No comments: