Friday, December 11, 2009

The Play is the thing.

I was fortunate to go see an off off off really off Broadway play. It was in Scranton, Pa. home of "The Office." They play was the musical version of Sweeney Todd. The actors did the play like it was opening night on Broadway. There was an audience of about 50 people but these actors and actresses played for an audience of 50,000. Their voices and acting were awe inspiring and surpassed my expectations beyond anything I could have imagined. Local Theater is a wonderful thing to have in any community. I hope you can see a local play and experience what I did tonight. It could have been a NY play and it was professionally done like one. That is it. Another few hours of life spent and rewarded. Like the man said to get a standing ovation all one has to do is stand up. I am standing and loving every minute of it. Hats off to the Scranton cast of Sweeney Todd.

No comments: