Monday, December 10, 2007

Try Me

I have been having a great time Christmas shopping. I like going to the toy areas in all the stores. They have these great toys that have buttons that say, "Try Me." I love these things and push them all the time. Sometimes I get 3 or 4 going at once. Sure, I get funny looks from most of the adults, but the kids think it is great. Problem is which toy has the least amount of pushed buttons. I would hate to get one of these toys home and find out the button no longer works. So I pick the toy in the middle and leave the one out front to stay as the "Try Me" toy. I think more stuff should have "Try Me" buttons or some sort of way to be able to try a product before you buy it. I did get scared once by one of these toys. I bought one and when I got home the house was dark and I put down the bag to get the light. They toy went off and I thought someone was in the house and I yelled, "Hey who is there and what are you doing in my house?" I got the light on and no one was there; then I realized what had happened. Still, I like these toys. How about you?

2 comments:

Donetta said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. I have a funny little triple decker snow man toy that was sent to me it has a sensor in it. the other day I had a visitor that was so unusually kind that I was Stunned. They finished there visit and left. As I came back into the house I then let my dogs back in the back door. The toy chimed "have your self a very merry Christmas" it sorta felt like a hug to my heart that wonders still happen.
I had fun with my Son tonight. He wants to talk to each member on his new phone a conversation I am really looking forward too.
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

Nia said...

Ahh, I see from the previous comment that you are a serial blog-hopper. :)

I don't remember any Try Me toys in the stores while I was growing up, but that didn't matter much to me. I have this irresistable urge to molly-coddle any plush toy that even barely resembles a baby. Haha.. :)

Glad you like the natural picture. I find that these days, poses come a bit TOO naturally. It is another thing, though, to find that that particular wrinkle between your brows has been captured in print for eternity.. even if it is genuine..

I see from your profile that you're an intellectual. I enjoyed reading "This Bird is a Raven" by Benjamin Lebert. Philosophical, in a German way. I like German philosophy. I read the English translation though. My German's not up for it yet.