Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

I was wondering what to write about today. There seemed to be not much going on except this one thing called Inauguration Day. It has something to do with one President leaving and another one taking his place. There is a ceremony, a big Lunch, a parade and some Balls that have dancing and singing and stuff like celebration things happening. People are smiling again. I guess that is what struck me the most. People smiling. Not much more to say. I seemed to be glued to the TV and watching all this strange merriment unfold. It is a good thing. This only happens about every 4 years or so in America. I do understand that there are a few grumpy people out there but not enough to really bring anybody down. It is a such a good party. Tomorrow may not be so happy because there is a lot of work to be done I am hearing. Today. Today is one of those different happy days that do not come along that often. I think I will just enjoy it. How about you?

1 comment:

Anisha Zaveri said...

I loved the inauguration. It's the first time I have seen and followed any election as I have done Obama's.