Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Carp Conversion Conversations

I read a story that a carp decided to talk to a couple of Jewish fish people before they decided to club the carp to death then eat it. The carp said, "Tzaruch shemirah," and "Hasof bah." These Jewish words mean something like, "everyone needs to account for themselves because the end is near." The carp then instructed the fish people to pray and study Judaism. Then the Gentile of the group clubbed the carp to death and they ate him. I learned from this a few things. Carp speak only in the Jewish language especially before being clubbed to death. The carp know when they will be clubbed to death and then get a little philosophical. If a carp tells a non-Jewish person to study Judaism the Gentile will then clubbed the carp to death then probably eat the carp. If you ever heard of this story I would be glad to hear from you. I read this in a book called, "Muses, Madmen, and Carp Prophets." I recommend it especially if you hear voices. Thanks for letting me share this little story.

No comments: